HOT JOBS ~Service Desk Technician ~ TS/SCI ~ Molesworth, UK
HOT JOB HOT JOB HOT JOB
General Dynamics Information Technology
Service Desk Technician/TS/SCI/Molesworth, UK JN: 195266
Service Desk Support Technician provides technical support and troubleshooting for network, desktop and systems hardware and software. Technician will be part of a 24 hour day Service Desk supporting customers world-wide. Technician must be a self-starter that proactively interfaces with customers.
This position involves working with Special Operations and INTEL personnel. The mission parameters are fast paced, highly demanding, in a rapidly expanding environment and requires an exceptional work ethic. Only applicants determined to possess the unique skills, drive, motivation, and experience that proves they are fully capable of meeting these challenges and excelling in this type of environment will be considered for the position. This is a highly demanding and equally rewarding position.
Strong preference will be given to individuals with prior military experience and/or experience working with INTEL and SOF communities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record and resolve Tier I hardware, software and application problems. Utilize appropriate tools to document work accomplished.
- Record Tier I problems at remote locations and record Tier II problem symptoms and status information at all locations in a timely/accurate fashion using the appropriate tools in order to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support resources. Resolve Tier II problems with telephone assistance.
- Identifies, evaluates and prioritizes customer problems to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Installs, configures and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Assists with the administration of email systems.
- Provide clear, concise, information through written and verbal communication.
- Troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues using tools such as ping, tracert, nslookup, netstat, etc?
- Have experience with copper and fiber optic network media types. This includes troubleshooting, installing, and terminating CAT5 cables as well as performing basic fiber optic cable troubleshooting.
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs and preforming physical work related to the setup and movement of mobile communication containers and other equipment as required.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Industry recognized technical certification, ITIL-F, Security + and Windows 2K / 2K3 required
Required Work Experience:
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Other Desirable Requirements:
1. Technician may be required to complete short-term deployments throughout Europe and Afghanistan.
2. The work is typically performed in an office environment requiring normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
3. Must be willing to perform system maintenance duties after-hours and on weekends.
4. Must be willing to cover shift-work as required.
5. Must be willing to be on-call for troubleshooting and support.
6. Must possess and maintain a US Top Secret security clearance (TS/SCI preferred).
7. If not already held, candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation and Security+ certifications within six months of hire.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Note: most jobs remain open for 2-14 days. If this job is no longer available then you will be presented with similar job listings that are open.
Visit http://www.USAJobZoo.com or http://USADefenseIndustryJobs.com for all of your job search needs. Both are IntelligenceCareers.com websites.
You must log in to post a comment.